Thursday, September 3, 2009

Applying for Disability Insurance

When I applied for Disability, I was accepted the first application even though I handled the process myself. Looking back on this, I believe the key factor was that I presented the examining physician with a well thought out letter describing my limitations. Fatigue and limited endurance are very difficult for an examining physician to verify in a brief 10 minute office visit. Likewise, it is also very hard for you to describe off the top of your head. By explaining in a concise way in writing how it affects you , you have a better chance of not loosing the doctor’s interest and relating your limitation more clearly. If you hired an attorney, he or she would take time and organize their arguments in a letter that supported your needs. Sitting in the doctor’s office, trying to relate your problems, is asking a lot of yourself.


Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am very interested in your opinion. Thank you for you post.